State Bar of Michigan
American Bar Association
Washtenaw County Bar Association
International Council of Shopping Centers
Bar & Court Admissions
Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- cum laude
University of Michigan, B.A.
Brandy L. Mathie
Brandy L. Mathie focuses her practice on real estate law. She is experienced in all aspects of real estate law, including real estate development and financing. Brandy has substantial experience in the areas of acquisitions, dispositions and leasing. She is particularly proficient in identifying trouble spots in real estate transactions and offering creative solutions. Brandy is skilled at synthesizing massive amounts of complicated historical real estate information and assembling it into accessible and understandable charts and checklists to keep her clients informed.
Brandy assists in matters ranging from simple residential acquisitions to the acquisition and development of large commercial projects for sophisticated clients. She structures business entities with the purpose of owning and operating commercial real estate and creates limited liability companies to own and maintain family cottages. Brandy drafts real estate purchase and sale agreements, leases, commercial financing documents, development agreements, declarations and use restrictions and easements. Brandy also assists a large, national client in connection with the purchase of assets in several regions of the United States.
Before joining Kerr Russell, Brandy was associated with a large international law firm, where she assisted clients in many complex real estate transactions, ranging from public-private partnerships to wind energy.
Real estate development and financing
Real estate acquisitions, dispositions and leasing
News & Insights
- October 9, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- September 28, 2017
- September 20, 2017
- September 5, 2017
- August 22, 2017
- August 21, 2017
- Of coffee, counsel, and colleagues: Kerr Russell sponsors dbusiness' "Powered by Women" breakfast eventAugust 17, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- Eric Lark, Brandy Mathie, Kevin Block and Dan Schulte were noted as being among the Faces of Detroit in Corporate Law in the July/August edition of Hour Detroit Magazine.Hour Detroit, August 2016
- Brandy L. Mathie presented a roundtable discussion on "The Pitfalls of Letters of Intent" at the State Bar of Michigan Real Estate Conference on Mackinac IslandJuly 2015
- Brandy L. Mathie has been named a Fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys (ACMA)July 15, 2015
- Brandy Mathie co-authored "the Devil is the Detail: When Being More Thorough Can Get You Into Trouble"Michigan Bar Journal, June 2013