American Bar Association, Business Law Section, International Law Section
State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section, International Law Section
Detroit Chinese Business Association
- Legal Intern, Michigan Governor’s Office of Legal Counsel
- Legal Intern, United States Court of Appeals for the 6thCircuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Illinois Circuit Court, Peoria County, Illinois
Bar & Court Admissions
Michigan State University College of Law, J.D.
- magna cum laude
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award for International Business Transactions
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award for Estate and Gift Taxation
Wuhan (China) University School of Law, LL.B,
National University of Singapore
- Visiting Scholar, Faculty of Law
Chaoyi Ding focuses her practice on general business and corporate law, with an emphasis on international business transactions. A Chinese National, and fluent in Mandarin, Chaoyi is qualified to practice both in the United States and in China. Her background, language ability, and specific legal acumen and knowledge enable her to provide invaluable assistance to clients operating in the realm of international business.
Chaoyi advises US clients entering China on various corporate structures such as wholly foreign-owned enterprises, sino-foreign joint ventures, and representative offices. She also advises US companies on corporate, tax, labor, import/export, foreign currency and intellectual property issues in China.
She also is experienced in advising international companies on legal issues they may face when contemplating entering the US market, such as selecting the appropriate form of entity; tax and employment law; retaining US sales representatives; establishing US offices and facilities; and buying and selling businesses in the United States.
Advising on corporate structures and choice of entity
Advising on general business issues related to operations in the US and China
Advising on mergers and acquisitions
News & Insights
- October 2, 2017
- dbusiness Magazine covers Kerr Russell's participation in Detroit Chinese Business Association International Golf OutingSeptember 27, 2017
- Kerr Russell team places second and scores longest drive at Detroit Chinese Business Association golf outingSeptember 19, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- James R. Cambridge and Chaoyi Ding publish article in the Michigan Bar Journal highlighting the Detroit Chinese Business AssociationNovember 2013
- Chaoyi Ding joins law firm’s China – US Business Practice GroupJanuary 2012