American Board of Trial Advocates
Association of Defense Trial Counsel
Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
Michigan Land Title Association, including Legislative Committee
American Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
Ohio State Bar Association
Oakland County Bar Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D.
Albion College, B.A.
- cum laude
Daniel G. Beyer
Dan Beyer is a seasoned trial attorney with more than 30 years of experience, having tried over 50 cases in the Michigan Circuit and District courts and the Federal Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. He focuses his practice on personal injury matters related to medical malpractice, motor vehicle claims and general negligence; lender's and owner's title claims; insurance coverage; physician licensing and administrative complaints; commercial matters and consumer claims.
Dan has appeared before the Michigan Court of Appeals, the Michigan Supreme Court and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is also a Certified Mediator.
Dan lectures before professional and trade associations, and publishes on the subjects of healthcare issues, property taxation and civil litigation matters. He is listed in “Who’s Who in American Law” and was named a “Top Lawyer” by DBusiness Magazine.
- Download Dan's white paper "Michigan Ownership Liability and No-Fault Act: Ramifications with Self-Driving Vehicles" here.
- Read Dan's article "A Trial Lawyer's Perspective on Presenting the Litigated Real Property Case" written for the Real Property Law Section State Bar of Michigan and summarizing key issues a practitioner should consider when litigating these cases.
- Read Dan's article "Electronic Medical Records" offering an overview of electronic medical records and electronic health information and their impact on professional liability, licensing, disputes with payors, among other issues.
Successfully defended interests of mortgagee in claim involving a forged deed
Defense verdict in medical malpractice wrongful death lawsuit against physician relating to alleged improper prescription of methadone
Successful defense of radiologist sued for allegedly misreading a venous doppler ultrasound; case dismissed on eve of summary disposition motion
Plaintiff jury verdict in lawsuit by title insurance underwriter against agent relating to negligence in title search
Obtained Wayne County defense jury verdict in favor of internist/urgent care physician sued for malpractice for not diagnosing staph infection resulting in heart surgery necessary for plaintiff
Obtained defense verdict in favor of defendant colorectal surgeon in Ingham County Circuit Court (Lansing). Claim was failure to diagnose abscess resulting in colostomy and claimed disability
Obtained defense verdict in wrongful death case in Macomb County where urgent care doctor allegedly failed to diagnose a 54 year old man with an unusual fatal pneumonia
News & Insights
- April 18, 2018
- March 29, 2018
- Kerr Russell is proud to be a bronze sponsor of the Oakland County Bar Association Foundation's Signature EventMarch 15, 2018
- February 26, 2018
- February 16, 2018
- January 26, 2018
- January 15, 2018
- Kerr Russell team makes holiday donations to Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Wigs 4 Kids, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor, and Children's Hospital of MichiganDecember 18, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areasNovember 1, 2017
- October 12, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- dbusiness Magazine covers Kerr Russell's participation in Detroit Chinese Business Association International Golf OutingSeptember 27, 2017
- Kerr Russell team places second and scores longest drive at Detroit Chinese Business Association golf outingSeptember 19, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- July 31, 2017
- Catherine Edwards, Patrick Haddad, and Daniel Beyer discuss legal trends in healthcare technology with Oakland County Medical SocietyJuly 28, 2017
- June 2017
- Daniel G. Beyer named to the Michigan Defense Trial Amicus CommitteeJune 2017
- Kerr Russell attorneys, Daniel Beyer, Patrick Haddad and Catherine Edwards speak at OCBA Medical Legal ConferenceMarch 2017
- Daniel Beyer and Jeffrey May complete the successful defense of a radiologist in a wrongful death lawsuit filed in Oakland County.December 2016
- Daniel Beyer and Katherine Cser obtained summary disposition in a personal injury lawsuit in favor of the defendant, a major trucking corporation.September 2016
- Daniel Beyer and William Blasses successfully defend steel mill owner and operator from employee lawsuit.September 2016
- Michigan Real Property Review, Spring 2013
- Dan Beyer pens "A Trial Lawyer's Perspective on Presenting the Litigated Real Property Case" for the Real Property Law Section State Bar of MichiganMay 21, 2013
- Presentation for Wayne State University class on medical ethics and legal issuesFall 2010
- Webinar regarding "Avoiding Medical Malpractice - Basics for Doctors" for ExecSense, Inc.August 20, 2010
- Wayne State University School of Physical Therapy Presenter regarding "Malpractice in the Real World"April 9, 2010
- "Residential Property Tax Appeals" annual presentations for the City of Birmingham2006-2010
- Michigan State Medical Society Risk Management Seminar PresenterMarch 23, 2005
- Special Focus Group Radiological Society of North America Conference Presenter regarding Pros and Cons of Expert TestimonyNovember 29, 2004
- Oakland County Bar Association State of the Law Day PresenterOctober 29, 2004
- Annapolis Hospital Risk Management Symposium PresenterFebruary 2004