State Bar of Michigan
State Bar of Florida
Federal Bar Association
American Bar Association
Chicago Surety Claims Association
DRI Fidelity and Surety
Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Prehearing Attorney, Michigan Court of Appeals
- Law Clerk, the Honorable Stephen J. Markman, Justice of the Michigan Supreme Court
Bar & Court Admissions
Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- magna cum laude
- Associate Editor, Wayne Law Review
- Gold & Silver Key Certificate Recipient for academic performance
Eastern Michigan University, B.A., B.B.A.
- summa cum laude
Jacquelyn A. Klima
Jacquelyn A. Klima’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and appeals. She is experienced in the analysis of claims against performance bonds, payment bonds, and other commercial bond forms; pursuit of exoneration and indemnification from bond principals and indemnitors; recovery of contract balances; and all aspects of litigation from the receipt of a claim through the appeals process.
Jacquelyn also handles general contract disputes, construction litigation, professional liability defense, and defense of title insurance carriers. She is fluent in Spanish.
Analysis of commercial bond claims
Exoneration/indemnification of bond principals and indemnitors
General contract disputes
Professional liability defense
Defense of title insurance carriers
News & Insights
- August 10, 2017
- Max Sneyd and Jacquelyn Klima obtained a $3.7 million judgment and a permanent injunction for Nedschroef Detroit Corp. in a federal case involving trademark infringement and the theft of trade secrets. The judgment was affirmed by the Sixth Circuit CourtLaw 360, April 2016
- Jacquelyn Klima presented "Overcoming the Spouse's Defenses to the Indemnity Agreement" at the DRI Fidelity and Surety Roundtable in Chicago, IllinoisMay 2014
- Jacquelyn Klima presented "Michigan and Ohio Payment Bond Claim Law" in Hartford ConneticutOctober 2013