State Bar of Michigan - Chairperson, Antitrust, Franchising & Trade Regulation Section (2003)
Fellow, Oakland County Bar Foundation
American Bar Association - Antitrust Section and Trial Practice Committee
American Bankruptcy Institute
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- Wayne Law Review
- Moot Court National Team
University of Michigan, B.A.
James E. DeLine
James E. DeLine focuses his practice on complex business litigation, counseling automotive suppliers, and antitrust law. Jim has extensive experience in all phases of state and federal litigation as well as domestic and international arbitrations. He regularly represents clients in several areas of law, including contract and UCC matters, automotive supply chain disputes, injunctions, product liability, antitrust, business torts, shareholder rights, creditor’s rights, and appeals. Jim’s successful representation of an international automobile distributor against a global automobile manufacturer received acclaim as one of the largest verdicts in Michigan for 2012.
Contract and UCC disputes
Automotive supply chain disputes
Product liability litigation
State and federal appeals
Wausau Underwriters Ins. Co. v. Vulcan Development, Inc., 323 F.3d 396 (6th Cir. 2003)
United States Leather, Inc. v. Mitchell Mfg. Group, Inc., 276 F.3d 782 (6th Cir. 2002)
In Re: Garrett Tool & Engineering, Inc., 273 B.R. 123 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. 2002)
UAW-GM Human Resource Center v. KSL Recreation Corp., 228 Mich. App. 486, 579 N.W.2d 411 (1998).
News & Insights
- March 2017
- DeLine and Sneyd prevail in issue of first impression in auto supplier dispute pending in Wayne County Business CourtNovember 2016
- James DeLine, Max Sneyd and Jeffrey May successfully oppose a motion filed by a Japanese global auto supplier for an injunction against local tooling vendors in a $40 million dispute over tooling purchases.September 2016
- James E. DeLine authors article in the February, 2015 OESA Legal Corner "Five Pitfalls to Avoid in Your Next NDA"OESA, February 2015
- OESA News, February 2014
- OESA News, November 2012
- James E. DeLine obtains arbitration award against Chrysler Group International for over $3 million on behalf of international auto importer in case involving distribution of Chrysler vehicles in EuropeJanuary 26, 2012
- James E. DeLine serves as co-editor of Antitrust Class Action Handbook (2010) published by the American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law
- James DeLine co-author, ABA Section of Antitrust Law2d ed. 1999State Antitrust Practice and Statutes (Chapter 24 for the State of Michigan) , 1999