State Bar of Michigan
American Bar Association
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States Tax Court
Michigan State University College of Law, J.D.
- cum laude
Wayne State University, B.S.
Jeffrey A. Brantley
Jeffrey A. Brantley has more than 29 years of experience in multiple aspects of business law. A Certified Public Accountant as well as an attorney, Jeffrey focuses primarily on business law, tax law, government contracting, employee benefits and international law.
Jeffrey regularly represents domestic and multinational clients in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, engineering services and high technology. He handles matters ranging from designing legal and tax structures for businesses, to planning and executing mergers, acquisitions and dispositions. He is routinely involved in the preparation, negotiation and review of government and commercial contracts and subcontracts, strategic alliances, research and development contracts, joint venture agreements, intellectual property licensing agreements, off-shore life insurance vehicles, multiple employer welfare arrangements, and advising on related export/import laws and tax treaty implications.
Additionally, Jeffrey has lectured and written on various business and tax related subjects, including state and local tax presentations and estate planning matters. Prior to joining the firm, he was a Senior Tax Consultant at Deloitte & Touche.
Advising European based company on reorganization of US operations
Establishment of a new multiple employer welfare arrangement
Negotiation of auto supplier contracts with OEMs and tier one suppliers
News & Insights
- June 1, 2018
- March 29, 2018
- Kerr Russell is pleased to support Cars & Cigars Smoke Detroit benefiting the Celani Family Foundation and the Cigar Family Charitable FoundationMarch 15, 2018
- February 26, 2018
- Kerr Russell attorneys to participate in Lakeshore Legal Aid Veterans Driver's License Pro-Bono Clinic February 15February 6, 2018
- February 6, 2018
- January 26, 2018
- January 15, 2018
- Kerr Russell team makes holiday donations to Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Wigs 4 Kids, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor, and Children's Hospital of MichiganDecember 18, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areasNovember 1, 2017
- Kerr Russell sponsors, members attend 36th Detroit International Wine Auction to support College for Creative StudiesOctober 30, 2017
- Kerr Russell is supporting sponsor of Original Equipment Suppliers Association Annual Conference '17October 22, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- Kerr Russell is proud sponsor of College for Creative Studies' Detroit International Wine Auction, October 21September 5, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- Kerr Russell is honored to have been named to the 2017 State Bar of Michigan Pro-Bono Circle of ExcellenceJuly 28, 2017