State Bar of Michigan
American Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Wayne State University, J.D.
- Cum Laude
- Dean's Scholar
- Student Board of Governors
- National Appellate Advocacy Team
- Moot Court
Wayne State University, B.S.
- Summa Cum Laude
- Presidential Scholar
Kathleen A. Westfall
Kathleen A. Westfall maintains a business law practice focused in the areas of health care law, insurance, securities and general corporate law. Her work includes corporate formation and governance, contracts, and legal and regulatory compliance.
In her health care law practice, Kathleen has assisted clients in reviewing, drafting and negotiating various contractual agreements including employment contracts, independent contractor agreements, participation agreements, and billing agreements. Kathleen also advises clients regarding compliance with licensing and other state and federal laws and regulations.
Kathleen also represents several condominium and homeowner associations. Kathleen frequently assists clients regarding collection of unpaid association dues, dispute resolution, and insurance matters. Kathleen also has experience in reviewing, revising and modernizing association governance documents.
Download our white paper "New laws for prescribing controlled substances in Michigan: Are you ready?," including "Fast Facts" timeline of new prescribing laws by effective date.
Download Patrick Haddad's and Kathleen Westfall's article "New Michigan Legislation: Sexual Assault Prevention and Health Professionals" here.
News & Insights
- September 25, 2018
- Kathleen Westfall presents on opioid crisis at a St. Mary Mercy Livonia Hospital/St. Joseph Mercy Health System continuing medical education conference September 15September 16, 2018
- August 17, 2018
- Bulletin - Oakland County Medical Society (June/July 2018)June 8, 2018
- Kathleen Westfall to present on opioid crisis at a St. Mary Mercy Livonia Hospital/St. Joseph Mercy Health System continuing medical education conference in SeptemberApril 5, 2018
- March 29, 2018
- March 14, 2018
- Bulletin - Oakland County Medical Society (March/April 2018)March 9, 2018
- February 26, 2018
- February 9, 2018
- Kerr Russell attorneys to participate in Lakeshore Legal Aid Veterans Driver's License Pro-Bono Clinic February 15February 6, 2018
- January 26, 2018
- January 15, 2018
- Kerr Russell's health care practice updates advertising message for physician association publications, including MSMS' Michigan Medicine and MOA's TRIADDecember 22, 2017
- Kerr Russell team makes holiday donations to Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Wigs 4 Kids, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor, and Children's Hospital of MichiganDecember 18, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areasNovember 1, 2017
- October 20, 2017
- August 22, 2017
- August 21, 2017
- Of coffee, counsel, and colleagues: Kerr Russell sponsors dbusiness' "Powered by Women" breakfast eventAugust 17, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- Ashley Racette and Kathleen Westfall participate in the Lakeshore Legal Aid Expungement Clinic pro-bono programAugust 9, 2017