State Bar of Michigan
American Bar Association, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
National Bond Claims Association
Chicago Surety Association
Pearlman Surety Association
Detroit Area Construction Association
Washtenaw Contractors Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Valparaiso University Law School, J.D.
Valparaiso University, B.A.
Mark M. Cunningham
Mark M. Cunningham has nearly 30 years of experience in the areas of commercial, construction, surety and fidelity litigation and representation.
In his commercial practice, Mark has represented corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, as well as individual shareholders, members and partners in a wide range of matters including shareholder and member disputes and their resolution.
Mark has provided ongoing representation over the course of years for numerous contractors, subcontractors, owners and design professionals in a wide range of business matters, including formation of business entities, defense and prosecution of claims relating to damages for delay, interference or extra work in connection with construction projects, and construction lien enforcement and foreclosure actions.
In his surety practice, Mark has handled large and small defaults, litigation and claims against performance bonds, payment bonds, probate bonds and other commercial bond forms. His work has included the preparation of documentation and participation in performance takeovers, tenders and subcontract ratifications in connection with defaulted projects, as well as substantial work in the bankruptcy forum.
Mark also maintains a fidelity practice, and collaborates with attorneys in the firm’s corporate, tax and business practice sections, which include in their ranks several attorneys who are also Certified Public Accountants.
Mark has presented papers, articles and speeches at numerous seminars and events in Michigan and at the annual American Bar Association Surety and Forum on the Construction Industry meetings in New York City.
Ranked among The Best Lawyers in America®, by Woodward/White, Inc., Mark was also named a “Michigan Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters.
News & Insights
- December 12, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- Jacquelyn Klima and Mark Cunningham present “Payment Bond: Beyond Labor and Material – Prompt Pay Act Liability, Interest, Service Charges, Time-Price Differential, and ‘Other’ Damages; and When is the Surety’s Consent Required..."November 27, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areasNovember 1, 2017
- October 16, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- September 12, 2017
- August 21, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- Best Lawyers, September 2016
- Thomson Reuters, December 16, 2015
- Payment Bond Manual, Third EditionContributing Author - Michigan SectionAmerican Bar Association, April 2006
- The Subrogation DatabaseContributing AuthorAmerican Bar Association, (1995)