State Bar of Michigan, Health Care Section
State Bar of Michigan, Probate and Estate Planning Section
American Bar Association, Real Property Section
American Bar Association, Trust and Estate Law Section
Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Association of Small Foundations
Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit
Marquis Who's Who in America
Winston Churchill Society of Michigan
The Churchill Centre
Knights of Columbus
Ladywood High School Dad’s Club
Drum Corps International, Board of Advisors
Madison (WI) Scouts Alumni Association
Our Lady of Good Counsel (Plymouth, MI ) – Finance Council
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States Tax Court
Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
University of Detroit, B.S.
- summa cum laude
Mark J. Stasa
Mark J. Stasa has more than 25 years of experience in the areas of estate planning, health care law and general business law. A Certified Public Accountant as well as an attorney, he co-chairs the firm's Estate and Trust Planning & Administration Practice Group.
In the estate planning context, Mark’s practice includes the creation of wills, trusts, family limited partnerships, family LLCs, gifting, asset protection planning and insurance and retirement planning. Mark has handled estates ranging in value from $1 million to those of multi-generation, high net worth families.
A particular focus of Mark’s practice resides in establishing private family foundations, and in representing and advising trade associations, nonprofit organizations and closely held businesses. including the use of industry promotional funds, labor negotiations and the establishment of ventures between associations.
In his health care practice, Mark represents individual physicians, dentists, multi-specialty practice groups, and hospitals. He assists with joint venture and other projects along with providing advice on tax, asset protection, contract and regulatory issues.
Mark frequently speaks before hospital groups, physician trade associations and medical residents on topics related to his practice and experience. He holds a Certificate of Completion in the areas of probate and estate planning issued by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
News & Insights
- September 25, 2018
- April 25, 2018
- March 29, 2018
- February 26, 2018
- "Getting the band back together." Mark Stasa on performing in New Orleans' "Krewe of Orpheus" parade with Madison Scouts, creating leadership opportunities for young people through Drum Corps International (video)February 19, 2018
- February 14, 2018
- Kerr Russell is a Wagner Circle sponsor of Community Living Centers' signature event: Celebrity Chefs DinnerFebruary 12, 2018
- January 26, 2018
- January 15, 2018
- Kerr Russell's health care practice updates advertising message for physician association publications, including MSMS' Michigan Medicine and MOA's TRIADDecember 22, 2017
- Kerr Russell team makes holiday donations to Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Wigs 4 Kids, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor, and Children's Hospital of MichiganDecember 18, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areasNovember 1, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- For the 7th Consecutive Year, Mark Stasa has been named a “Detroit Five Star Investment Professional.”Five Star Professional, February 2016
- Mark Stasa was recently named, for the fifth consecutive year, a Detroit 5 Star Wealth Manager in the Estate Planning Field, sponsored by HOUR magazine, DBusiness and Five Star Professional