State Bar of Michigan
American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry
International Society of Irish-American Lawyers - Board Member
Washtenaw County Bar Association
National Bond Claims Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
University of Michigan, B.A.
- Recipient, Chick Evans Scholarship
Michael D. Carroll
Michael D. Carroll maintains a general commercial litigation practice. He has substantial experience handling a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including automotive supplier cases, non-automotive Uniform Commercial Code cases, employment and labor law matters, shareholder oppression, products liability, commercial leases and other real estate-oriented litigation, and creditor’s rights enforcement, including realization against collateral.
A particular focus of Mike’s practice is construction law. He is extremely familiar with all legal aspects of construction projects, ranging from contract negotiations to dispute resolution, including the use of litigation, mediation and arbitration techniques. Mike represents a broad range of clients in the construction area, including suppliers, subcontractors, general contractors, owners, design professionals and sureties.
Mike has been named a “Michigan Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters. He has achieved AV preeminent ranking from Martindale Hubbell, reflecting the highest standards of legal ability, professional ethics and integrity.
Successfully defended employer against retaliation claim, through trial court and appeal
Won jury verdict for owner against design professional
Won "no cause" for design professional on claims against it by developer
News & Insights
- October 2, 2017
- September 12, 2017
- Jim Case and Mike Carroll featured in Associated General Contractors of America's Constructor MagazineAugust 24, 2017
- August 21, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- Michael D. Carroll presents "Best Practices for Negotiating Indemnification Provisions in Construction Contracts" in Troy, MichiganDecember 2016
- Thomson Reuters, December 16, 2015
- Michael D. Carroll presented on Bond Claims at a Michigan ICLE seminar in Plymouth, MichiganNovember 2015
- Michael D. Carroll presented on Builders Trust Fund Issues at a Construction Roundtable in Birmingham.November 2014
- Michael D. Carroll Presents "Michigan and Ohio Payment Bond Claim Law" in Hartford, ConnecticutOctober 2013
- Michael D. Carroll Presents "Current Issues in Architect & Engineering Law" in Grand Rapids, MichiganMarch 2012