Michigan State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
Michigan State Bar Association, Litigation Section
American Bar Association
- Hon. Martin M. Doctoroff, Chief Judge Michigan Court of Appeals
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Michigan Court of Appeals
Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
Miami University in Ohio, B.A.
Michael A. Sneyd
Michael “Max” Sneyd has 20 years of experience in the areas of intellectual property, commercial litigation and business law and leads the firm's Intellectual Property practice group. He appears regularly before state, federal and appellate courts on matters related to all aspects of civil business litigation. In addition, he utilizes alternative dispute resolution methodologies to achieve positive results outside of the courtroom.
Max focuses his practice particularly on intellectual property protection and litigation, business torts, entertainment law and supplier disputes. He has extensive experience prosecuting trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, as well as litigating trademark disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Outside of the litigation context, Max regularly assists clients in negotiating technology licenses and other intellectual property agreements.
Representing a national recording artist in a trademark dispute regarding junior user’s adoption of an infringing stage name
Enforcing the registered service mark of a well-known transportation company against multiple infringers
Representing a Tier I auto supplier in a contract dispute regarding tooling and re-sourcing
News & Insights
- October 6, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- dbusiness Magazine covers Kerr Russell's participation in Detroit Chinese Business Association International Golf OutingSeptember 27, 2017
- Kerr Russell team places second and scores longest drive at Detroit Chinese Business Association golf outingSeptember 19, 2017
- Max Sneyd interviewed for MLive article "Yes, Red Wings could go after hate groups using their logo"August 15, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- April 20, 2017
- DeLine and Sneyd prevail in issue of first impression in auto supplier dispute pending in Wayne County Business CourtNovember 2016
- James DeLine, Max Sneyd and Jeffrey May successfully oppose a motion filed by a Japanese global auto supplier for an injunction against local tooling vendors in a $40 million dispute over tooling purchases.September 2016
- Max Sneyd and Jacquelyn Klima obtained a $3.7 million judgment and a permanent injunction for Nedschroef Detroit Corp. in a federal case involving trademark infringement and the theft of trade secrets. The judgment was affirmed by the Sixth Circuit CourtLaw 360, April 2016
- Max Sneyd authors "Controlling Corporate Information on Personal Devices" for the Kerr Russell Intellectual Property NewsletterDecember 2013
- Max Sneyd authors "Choosing a Name for Your Business, a Trademark Perspective" for the Kerr Russell IP NewsletterAugust 2013
- Max Sneyd authors "Is Your Business Protected from Cybersquatters?" for the Kerr Russell Intellectual Property NewsletterDecember 2012