State Bar of Michigan, Health Care Law Section
State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section, Regulation of Securities Committee
Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
American Bar Association, Health Law Section
American Health Lawyers Association
Incorporated Society of Irish American Lawyers
American Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals
Board of Trustees, Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy
- Law Clerk, to the Honorable Dennis W. Archer, Associate Justice, Michigan Supreme Court
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
University of Detroit School of Law, J.D.
- Editor-in-Chief, Law Review
Wayne State University, B.A.
Patrick J. Haddad
Patrick J. Haddad has over 25 years of experience in the areas of securities, corporate law, health care law and insurance. He is chairperson of the firm’s Securities Law Practice Group and co-chairperson of the firm’s Health Care Practice Group.
In his securities and corporate practice, Patrick represents public companies, the boards of for-profit and nonprofit organizations, statewide professional associations, health care professionals, hospital systems, joint ventures, management/service organizations, and managed care delivery systems. His work includes disclosure and compliance relative to current, quarterly and annual filings; Section 16 reporting and representation of corporate directors and officers; corporate governance; audit committee and compensation committee representation; public offerings; private placements; and negotiation and documentation of complex business transactions
Patrick’s health care law practice includes advising on provider contracting, change of ownership (CHOW), certificate of need (CON), hospital/medical staff relationships, third party payor reimbursement, and state and federal laws regulating the delivery of health services and the business of health care.
He also advises a wide array of mortgage originator and insurance clients, including agents, captive, casualty, property, professional liability, health and worker’s compensation insurers, third party administrators, and self-funded health plans. Patrick frequently assists clients regarding the drafting and analysis of federal, state and local legislation and regulation. He also represents clients before federal and state courts and administrative tribunals.
Patrick is a frequent speaker before legal and business groups on the topics of securities and health care, including presentations on peer review, physician self-referral, anti-kickback, compliance plans, HIPAA, and antitrust.
Patrick was named to The Best Lawyers in America®, by Woodward/White, Inc. in the area of health care law.
News & Insights
- Kerr Russell attorneys, Daniel Beyer, Patrick Haddad and Catherine Edwards speak at OCBA Medical Legal ConferenceMarch 2017
- Best Lawyers, September 2016
- Patrick J. Haddad presented Eye Care and Scope of Practice: Licensing, Ethical and Liability Issues for Ophthalmologists at the Michigan Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons' 47th Annual Conference Grand Hotel, Mackinac IslandAugust 7, 2015
- Patrick J. Haddad authored "Prescription and Tax Fraud: What Physicians Need to Know About Identity Theft."Oakland County Medical Society Bulletin, June/July 2015
- Mark Knoth and Patrick Haddad spoke at the Managing Risk in an Aging Workforce seminar in July, which is referenced in the Detroit Auto Scene newspaperJuly 2012
- Patrick J. Haddad authors “Informed Consent” chapter in Pfenningers & Fowlers Procedures for Primary Care, edited by John L. Pfenninger, M.D. FAAFP and Grant Fowler, M.D. (3rd Edition, Elsevier)August 2010
- Patrick J. Haddad authors Back to Basics: Scope of Practice for Michigan Society of Eye Physicians and SurgeonsJuly 2010
- Patrick Haddad co-authors "HIPAA and Its Impact on Michigan's Health Professionals"Michigan Bar Journal, November 2002