State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section
State Bar of Michigan, Tax Law Section
American Bar Association, Business Law Section
American Bar Association, Tax Law Section
Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
Bar & Court Admissions
Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- cum laude
Wayne State University Law School, LL.M.
- cum laude
Richard C. Buslepp
Richard C. Buslepp, who is a Certified Public Accountant as well as an attorney, focuses his practice on business law, real estate, and tax and estate planning.
Rich has substantial experience as business counsel to clients in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, architectural and engineering, technology, construction, service and transportation. Rich's practice emphasizes transactional/mergers and acquisitions for privately held and public companies regarding all facets of stock and asset sale transactions, joint ventures, debt and equity finance transactions, management led buyouts, real estate transactions and merger transactions. Rich also regularly counsels clients on a variety of other legal matters including business entity formation, the formation and qualification of tax-exempt organizations, tax planning, tax controversies, the preparation and review of contracts and business planning and law issues.
Additionally, Rich has lectured and written on various business and tax law-related subjects, including the advantages and disadvantages of the various forms of business entities, the requirements for tax deferred like-kind exchanges, and corporate, estate and partnership tax matters.
Representation of management of a Tier I auto supplier in connection with the sale of the company
Representation of electrical contractor in connection with sale of company
Representation of Tier I auto supplier in connection with $100 Million refinancing
Representation of privately held aerospace engineering company in connection with the sale of the company
News & Insights
- March 29, 2018
- Kerr Russell attorneys attend Detroit Chinese Business Association Chinese New Year Celebration on March 10 at The Henry FordMarch 12, 2018
- February 26, 2018
- February 14, 2018
- EY's George Lenyo reviews workplace changes - the gig economy, automation, and diversity at dbusiness Breakfast Series, sponsored by Kerr RussellFebruary 6, 2018
- January 26, 2018
- January 15, 2018
- Kerr Russell team makes holiday donations to Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Wigs 4 Kids, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor, and Children's Hospital of MichiganDecember 18, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areasNovember 1, 2017
- Kerr Russell is supporting sponsor of Original Equipment Suppliers Association Annual Conference '17October 22, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- Kerr, Russell, Rich Buslepp and Michael D. Gibson receive "Materials Deal of the Year" Award from The M&A AdvisorNovember 2016
- July 2016
- February 2016