State Bar of Michigan
American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) - CBP Liaison Chair, Michigan
MichAuto - Member, Talent, Attraction and Retention Committee
Bar & Court Admissions
Wayne State University Law School, L.L.M.
Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D.
Michigan State University, B.A.
Robert S. Anderson
Robert S. Anderson has significant experience in the areas of employment-based immigration and the representation of local, national, and international companies in obtaining authorization for employees to work permanently or temporarily in the United States.
Robert counsels and represents clients in the full spectrum of immigration legal issues as applied to their workforces and staff, including all aspects of the international movement of personnel (inbound and outbound work authorization status); formulating and implementing short-and/or long-term employment plans; obtaining appropriate immigrant (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3) and non-immigrant (H-1B, L-1, E-1 and E-2, O-1, P-1, R-1, TN) employment classifications; managing the Permanent Labor Certification Program (PERM); advising on immigration compliance including Forms I-9, E-Verify and LCA files; and obtaining temporary visitor and work visas for employment in foreign countries. Robert also conducts internal immigration audits and in-house training.
Robert works with a wide range of companies, including Fortune 500 corporations, non-profit organizations, and start-up enterprises in a variety of industries, including biotechnology, pharmaceutical, healthcare, automotive, beverage, tier-one and tier-two suppliers, engineering, and information technology, among others.
Prior to joining Kerr Russell, Robert served as a senior attorney in the Immigration Law Practice of Miller Canfield. Previously, he was the Managing Member of Robert S. Anderson & Associates, a law firm focused on immigration; and was previously associated with a regional immigration law practice.
News & Insights
- January 15, 2018
- January 1, 2018
- Kerr Russell team makes holiday donations to Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Wigs 4 Kids, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor, and Children's Hospital of MichiganDecember 18, 2017
- Immigration Insider - Travel Restrictions, USCIS Ends Deference to Extensions of Nonimmigrant Status, Online Naturalization Application, New H-1B Filings (Winter 2017)December 14, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areasNovember 1, 2017
- October 6, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- Kerr Russell team places second and scores longest drive at Detroit Chinese Business Association golf outingSeptember 19, 2017
- Immigration Insider - In-Person Interviews Expanded, Attorney Representation at Border, Denial of Advanced Parole, and DACA (Fall 2017)
- August 21, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- January 30, 2017
- President issues Executive Order regarding ImmigrationNovember 21, 2014