State Bar of Michigan, Intellectual Property Law Section
State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section
State Bar of Michigan, Computer Law Section
American Bar Association, Litigation Section
American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
Detroit Bar Association
Washtenaw County Bar Association
Justinian Honorary Law Society of the Syracuse University College of Law
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- cum laude
Oakland University, B.A.
Robert J. Pineau
Robert J. Pineau has more than 27 years of experience as an intellectual property and business practitioner and litigator.
His intellectual property practice includes all aspects of copyright and trademark law and registrations as well as domestic and cross-border licensing and trade secret disputes. His multifaceted litigation practice includes intellectual property, business, franchise and real estate disputes. Robert served as lead counsel on a number of published and ground breaking decisions. Robert represents clients at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts.
Robert regularly represents and counsels business clients on corporate formation and day-to-day issues and well as ongoing business and personal counseling.
Robert has published articles in professional and trade publications and has lectured on a variety of topics related to his areas of practice.
Robert has been awarded and maintains the Martindale-Hubbell AV rating, reflecting preeminence in legal ability and integrity.
Sun Valley Foods, Co., v. Ward, 460 Mich 230 (1999)
Township of Casco v. Michigan Boundary Commission, 243 Mich App 392 (2004)
Township of Casco v. Secretary of State, 472 Mich 566 (2005)
News & Insights
- January 15, 2018
- December 12, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- Robert J. Pineau, in association with Albion College and the Nancy G. Held Equestrian Center, presented a seminar on Managing Liability For Equine BusinessesNovember 16, 2012
- Robert J. Pineau, in association with Michigan State University county extension offices, presents seminars on Managing Liability For Equine BusinessesJune 19, 2012
- Land transfers often cause conflits between cities, landlowners and townships, leaving the State Boundary Commission in the crossfire between conflicting interestsMichigan Bar Journal, August 2002
- Robert Pineau authors "Revenue Ruling 84-152: The Beginning of the End for Treaty Shoppers" (12 Syr. J. Intl. L & C, 170 (1985))The Syracuse Journal of International Law and Commerce, 1985