Michigan State Bar Association, Former Panel Member (appointed), Board of Discipline, Negligence Law Section
Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow
Past President, Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
Detroit Metropolitan Bar Foundation, Fellow
American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow, Former Member, State Committee for Michigan
American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Washington and Lee School of Law, J.D.
Albion College, B.A.
- cum laude
Stephen D. McGraw
Stephen D. McGraw is a Member of Kerr Russell and co-chairperson of the firm's Litigation Practice Group, a Member of its Executive Committee, and has served as a general counsel for Kerr Russell. His practice primarily involves defending and prosecuting matters in litigation and he has had substantial involvement in a wide range of matters including the professional liability of physicians, hospitals, architects, and engineers, toxic torts, product liability, insurance disputes and other commercial matters.
Mr. McGraw is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, has served on the American College of Trial Lawyers State Committee for Michigan and is a Fellow of both the Michigan State Bar Foundation and the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Foundation (where he is a Trustee). And he is a former appointed panel member of the State Bar of Michigan Discipline Board. Mr. McGraw has been a speaker at numerous seminars having to do with litigation and health care subjects and has spoken regarding trial practice for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has also written frequently on subjects such as trial practice and a lawyer's ethical obligations. He has been recognized in "The Best Lawyers in America" (Lawyer of the Year, Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants 2016), "Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business", "Michigan Super Lawyers", dBusiness, "Top Lawyers" and "Leading Lawyers" publications and was named 2013 Outstanding Attorney by the nation's largest physician owned medical malpractice insurer. He is a past President of the Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association.
Mr. McGraw obtained his law degree from the Washington and Lee University School of Law and his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Albion College.
News & Insights
- October 12, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- September 12, 2017
- August 21, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- Best Lawyers, September 2016
- Thomson Reuters, December 16, 2015
- dBusiness Magazine, December 16, 2015
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Michigan Transfusion CaseDetroit Free Press, December 1, 2014
- Stephen D. McGraw named "2013 Outstanding Attorney" by the nation's largest physician owned medical malpractice insurerOctober 2013
- Stephen D. McGraw has been named as President of the Detroit Metropolitan Bar AssociationDecember 2012
- Stephen D. McGraw addresses annual meeting of medical malpractice defense lawyers on preparing a physician for trialSummer 2010
- Stephen D. McGraw given the Outstanding Attorney of the Year Award by American Physicians Assurance CorporationFall 2009