Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Michigan
Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- Associate Editor, The Wayne Law Review
- Moot Court National Team Oralist
University of Michigan, B.A.
- B.A. in Classical Civilization
Derek R. Boyd
Derek Boyd's practice focuses on commercial litigation, while providing support for the defense of medical malpractice actions, as well.
Prior to joining Kerr Russell, he represented physicians and hospitals in a wide variety of both medical malpractice and general negligence matters. He also worked for a "Big Three" automaker in its transfer pricing counsel group, helping establish and execute global tax strategy for its subsidiaries and ensuring compliance with statutory guidelines.
He graduated from Wayne State University Law School where he was Associate Editor of The Wayne Law Review and National Team Member of the Wayne State Moot Court Team, as well as a litigation supervisor and Board member of the Detroit Free Legal Aid Clinic.
- Download our white paper “Negotiating Uncertainty: Legal Options for Manufacturers Confronting Tariffs" here.
News & Insights
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly publishes "Negotiating Uncertainty: Legal Options for Manufacturers Confronting Tariffs" by attorneys Daniel Ferris, Derek BoydJune 18, 2018
- Download our white paper "Negotiating Uncertainty: Legal Options for Manufacturers Confronting Tariffs" by Daniel Ferris and Derek BoydJune 4, 2018
- March 29, 2018
- February 26, 2018
- Kerr Russell attorneys to participate in Lakeshore Legal Aid Veterans Driver's License Pro-Bono Clinic February 15February 6, 2018
- January 26, 2018
- January 15, 2018
- Kerr Russell's health care practice updates advertising message for physician association publications, including MSMS' Michigan Medicine and MOA's TRIADDecember 22, 2017
- Kerr Russell team makes holiday donations to Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Wigs 4 Kids, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor, and Children's Hospital of MichiganDecember 18, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- December 12, 2017
- December 9, 2017
- December 5, 2017
- November 30, 2017
- November 27, 2017
- Detroit Legal News: Friday Feature: Law firm's space redesign invokes Detroit past, present, and futureNovember 17, 2017
- November 16, 2017
- November 3, 2017
- Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areasNovember 1, 2017