Kerr Russell currently has openings for highly qualified and dedicated attorneys with the utmost of integrity who desire to further their careers in business/commercial litigation, labor and employment, corporate/M&A, tax and intellectual property. Our requirements are listed below.
Kerr Russell is seeking an attorney with three (3) to ten (10) years of experience in tax planning to join the numerous tax lawyers currently within our ranks. We will consider candidates who have experience in either a law firm setting with a heavily tax-concentrated transaction practice or in the tax group of an accounting firm. Responsibilities include tax research, planning and implementation for corporations (both subchapters C and S), partnership taxation, international taxation (both inbound and outbound), employee benefits, tax exempt organizations, and estate and gift taxation as well as federal, state and local tax controversies. Other responsibilities include drafting general corporate documents such as acquisition documents, operating agreements and estate planning documents, with a heavy emphasis on the resulting tax ramifications. Resumes may be sent in confidence to Kerr, Russell and Weber, PLC, Attn: John Gatti, email@example.com and Michael Carroll, firstname.lastname@example.org
Intellectual Property Attorney
For this position, Kerr Russell will consider candidates who have experience in copyright and trademark registrations, licensing and litigation, trade secret and technology protection, intellectual property management and audits, internet and eCommerce matters, software development and licensing, and drafting agreements for the ownership, sale, licensing and development of intellectual property. Portable business of at least $100,000 annually is a requirement for this position. Resumes may be sent in confidence to Kerr, Russell and Weber, PLC, Attn: Michael Carroll, email@example.com
Kerr Russell seeks a paralegal to provide legal and administrative support in employment and family based immigration matters. A successful candidate should ideally have a Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience in employment-based or family immigration matters. Candidates must have strong writing skills with great attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines. Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office is a must. Experience working within an immigration tracking system and a second language is desired.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Locate, obtain, and preserve client documentation.
- Review and organize client documentation.
- Assist with the initial document review of employment and family based petitions and applications.
- Analyze and summarize case data for attorneys.
- Coordinate with client the completion of questionnaires.
- Assist attorneys all aspects of case preparation.
- Draft petition forms and support letters.
- Under attorney supervision, correspond with clients and government officials.
- Monitor progress of case and inform client of the same.
- Review files on a regular basis, consult with attorney and prepare regular status reports for clients and attorneys.
- File all petitions and applications with the appropriate government agencies.
- Track expiration dates and maintain docket systems.
Interested candidates should be prepared to submit their cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Miroslava Orduno Rincon at firstname.lastname@example.org