Kerr Russell's health care practice updates advertising message for physician association publications, including MSMS' Michigan Medicine and MOA's TRIAD
Be on the lookout for our updated in-magazine advertising for the Michigan Osteopathic Association's TRIAD and Michigan State Medical Society's Michigan Medicine, among other publications in future months. [Design by Nikki Horn.]
Kerr Russell’s experience in the field of health care law spans more than 60 years. In that time, and in representing a multitude of health care professionals and providers, our attorneys have developed uncommon insight into the relationships among physicians, insurers, health facilities and patients.
Our attorneys counsel physicians, hospitals and other health care providers, managed care interests, durable medical equipment providers, major groups in organized medicine, and medical staffs. We also counsel assisted living centers, nursing homes and homes for the aged. Our representation of health care clients also includes administrative proceedings, and licensure and litigation services. Additionally, a particular strength of our practice concerns the formation and representation of alternative risk transfer entities for health care clients, including captive insurance companies, risk retention groups and other alternative insurance structures.
Our legal services include:
- Antitrust counseling in health care mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Certificate of Need
- Compliance with anti-kickback, fraud and abuse, self-disclosure, Stark HIPAA, and other health care compliance statutes
- Compliance plans
- Contracting with insurers, medical/dental plans, managed care plans and Accountable Care Organizations
- Corporate Integrity Agreements
- Corporate practice of medicine, including corporate and retail medical clinic formation
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)
- Financing transactions
- Health care facility and professional license and accreditation matters
- Hospital and medical staff matters
- Licensing and disciplinary matters
- Long-term care facility matters
- Medical staff matters
- Medicare and Medicaid provider and supplier enrollment, certification and compliance
- Merger and acquisition transactions
- Reimbursement, billing and claims, and third-party payor and payment matters
- Risk retention groups, captive insurance companies and other alternative risk transfer entities
- Physician Organizations and Physician Hospital Organizations
- Post payment audits
- Professional, facility and institutional liability and risk management
- Peer review
- Skilled nursing facility certification and survey compliance
- Michigan Medical Records Act
About Kerr Russell ...
We are proud of Detroit. We are proud to have had a seat at the table here since 1874.
Our exceptional attorneys understand the unique challenges facing business leaders. Our legal solutions are prompt, accurate, economical, and focused around your needs in every area, including business law, labor and employment, immigration, mergers and acquisitions, real estate and construction, healthcare, medical practices, tax, contract negotiation, restructuring, automotive, manufacturing, and commercial litigation.
Whereas many lawyers merely interpret the law, our attorneys help to make it. We have been involved in some of the most significant legal developments in state business and health care law, and our trial lawyers have been involved in many notable commercial cases in Michigan and other jurisdictions.
In business and legal circles, we are respected for our high standards, quality work, and professional ethics and integrity.
For over 140 years, Detroit has been our home. Detroit will always be our home.
500 Woodward Ave., Suite 2500,
Detroit MI 48226
201 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 260, Troy, MI 48084
7/F, Oriental Financial Centre
333 Lu Jia Zui Ring Road, Pudong District, Shanghai 200120, China