News & Insights
- Michael D. Carroll presented on Builders Trust Fund Issues at a Construction Roundtable in Birmingham.
- Jacquelyn Klima presented "Michigan and Ohio Payment Bond Claim Law" in Hartford Conneticut
- Michael D. Carroll Presents "Michigan and Ohio Payment Bond Claim Law" in Hartford, Connecticut
- Michael D. Carroll Presents "Current Issues in Architect & Engineering Law" in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Michael D. Carroll presents "What Happens When Things Go Wrong: Surety Bond and Subguard Issues" in Birmingham, Michigan
- Half Moon Seminar
- Payment Bond Manual, Third Edition
- Surety Claims Institute Annual Meeting and Seminar
- The Subrogation Database
- The Design/Build Deskbook Second Edition - The Complete Guide to Design/Build Contracting, Licensing, Insurance and Procurement Requirements in the 50 States and Canada
- When to Hold and When to Fold: Practical Advice on Recurring Construction Issues
- Construction Lien Law and Strategies in Michigan
- Michigan Construction Law Course Handbook
- Michigan Construction Law: What Do You Do When...?
- Construction Law: Contracts, Disputes & Resolutions Course Handbook
Related Focus Areas
Kerr Russell is well known for the scope and success of our representation in construction law matters. Our attorneys represent clients in all aspects of the construction process, including owners, lenders, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, involved in commercial, industrial, public construction and residential projects.
Our reputation has been earned through our speed and responsiveness in bringing successful closure to contract negotiations and preparation, contract administration, and construction claims and disputes, as well as our recognized cost-effective resolution of disputes, whether through private or third party-administered mediation or arbitration, or, when necessary, through litigation.
Our capabilities include:
- Structuring joint ventures and limited liability companies among design professionals or contractors for specific projects
- Preparation and negotiation of construction contracts, professional services contracts and related construction documents
- Negotiation and resolution of disputes during the design and construction process
- Assistance in the preparation, analysis, negotiation and resolution of construction claims
- Advising suppliers on credit management programs
- Preparation of and foreclosure of construction liens and claims on payment bonds
- Defense of design professionals in claims for negligence/malpractice
- Arbitration and litigation of construction disputes