Caleb Erbert focuses on serving a diverse group of clients across various industries in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, real estate, and corporate law.
He also has an extensive background in collateral evaluation from his career as an auditor at Bluewater Transaction Advisors prior to attending law school, as well as a background in IT administration. While at Bluewater, Caleb gained a comprehensive knowledge of accounting and asset-based lending as he conducted field exams for lenders throughout the United States and Canada, which fostered an in-depth understanding of a broad spectrum of industries that includes: automotive, manufacturing, distribution, and information technology. In his consulting role at Bluewater, Caleb also worked on deals as part of a team that restructured the accounting procedures and policies, as well as supported new management teams, for large companies acquired by private equity firms.
During law school, Caleb worked as part of the in-house counsel team at the publicly traded Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy in 2016 and spent the summer of 2017 working in the state and local tax group at one of the internationally recognized Big Four accounting and auditing firms. He graduated magna cum laude from Michigan State University College of Law and has his undergraduate degree in accounting from Walsh College of Accountancy and Business Administration.
- American Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth, Detroit Chapter
- Commercial Finance Association, Michigan Chapter – Board of Directors
- Detroit Economic Club
- Detroit Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Michigan Chapter
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Real property Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Young lawyers Section
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D.
- Magna Cum Laude
- Michigan State Law Review
- Michigan State Housing Law Clinic, Student Clinician
- Jurisprudence Awards in Property and Will Drafting
- Faculty and Trustees Scholarship Recipient
- Walsh College
- Bachelor of Accountancy
Insights & News
May 9, 2019
February 13, 2019
October 19, 2018
Kerr Russell Congratulates our new Associates, Thomas Doyle and Caleb Erbert who recently passed the Bar Exam!
August 17, 2018
August 13, 2018