Edward C. Cutlip, Jr. has more than 25 years of broad litigation experience representing clients in a wide range of cases, ranging from simple disputes to the coordination of defense efforts in mass tort litigation involving thousands of claims.
Ed’s practice is concentrated in the areas of commercial litigation, litigation between members, partners and shareholders and defense of consumer law claims including wrongful mortgage foreclosure claims. He has appeared on behalf of clients before the Michigan courts, including the Court of Appeals, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan.
In addition to numerous trials, Ed regularly participates in several methods of alternative dispute resolution including facilitations, mediations, case evaluations and arbitrations.
- State Bar of Michigan – Past Chair, US Courts Committee
- State Bar of Michigan – Past Member, US Courts Committee
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Law Clerk, to the Honorable Robert E. DeMascio, United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- University of Detroit Law School, J.D.
- magna cum laude
- University of Michigan — Dearborn, A.B.
- with distinction
Insights & News
February 26, 2018
January 26, 2018
January 15, 2018
December 18, 2017
Kerr Russell team makes holiday donations to Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Wigs 4 Kids, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor, and Children's Hospital of Michigan
November 30, 2017
November 16, 2017
November 3, 2017
November 1, 2017
Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areas
August 10, 2017
November 1, 2016