James E. DeLine focuses his practice on complex business litigation, counseling automotive suppliers, and antitrust law.
Jim has extensive experience in all phases of state and federal litigation as well as domestic and international arbitrations. He regularly represents clients in several areas of law, including contract and UCC matters, automotive supply chain disputes, injunctions, product liability, antitrust, business torts, shareholder rights, creditor’s rights, and appeals. Jim’s successful representation of an international automobile distributor against a global automobile manufacturer received acclaim as one of the largest verdicts in Michigan for 2012.
- State Bar of Michigan – Chairperson, Antitrust, Franchising & Trade Regulation Section (2003)
- Fellow, Oakland County Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association – Antitrust Section and Trial Practice Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Wausau Underwriters Ins. Co. v. Vulcan Development, Inc., 323 F.3d 396 (6th Cir. 2003)
- United States Leather, Inc. v. Mitchell Mfg. Group, Inc., 276 F.3d 782 (6th Cir. 2002)
- In Re: Garrett Tool & Engineering, Inc., 273 B.R. 123 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. 2002)
- UAW-GM Human Resource Center v. KSL Recreation Corp., 228 Mich. App. 486, 579 N.W.2d 411 (1998).
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- Wayne Law Review
- Moot Court National Team
- University of Michigan, B.A.
Insights & News
October 29, 2018
Attorneys William Blasses and James DeLine Prevail at Trial on a Claim of Non-dischargeability on Behalf of a Creditor
September 20, 2018
March 29, 2018
March 24, 2018
Kerr Russell, James DeLine added as Legal Counsel for Original Equipment Suppliers Association's Tooling Council
February 26, 2018
January 29, 2018
Jim DeLine serves as an editor of ABA's recently published Antitrust Class Actions Handbook, Second Edition
January 26, 2018
January 15, 2018
December 18, 2017
Kerr Russell team makes holiday donations to Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Wigs 4 Kids, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor, and Children's Hospital of Michigan
November 30, 2017
November 16, 2017
November 3, 2017
November 1, 2017
Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areas
August 10, 2017
March 9, 2017
November 10, 2016
DeLine and Sneyd prevail in issue of first impression in auto supplier dispute pending in Wayne County Business Court
February 11, 2015
James E. DeLine authors article in the February, 2015 OESA Legal Corner "Five Pitfalls to Avoid in Your Next NDA"
November 16, 2012
Contract and UCC disputes
State and federal appeals
Automotive supply chain disputes
Product liability litigation