Mark J. Stasa has more than 25 years of experience in the areas of estate planning, health care law and general business law.
A Certified Public Accountant as well as an attorney, Mark co-chairs the firm’s Estate and Trust Planning & Administration Practice Group. In the estate planning context, Mark’s practice includes the creation of wills, trusts, family limited partnerships, family LLCs, gifting, asset protection planning and insurance and retirement planning. Mark has handled estates ranging in value from $1 million to those of multi-generation, high net worth families.
A particular focus of Mark’s practice resides in establishing private family foundations, and in representing and advising trade associations, nonprofit organizations and closely held businesses. including the use of industry promotional funds, labor negotiations and the establishment of ventures between associations.
In his health care practice, Mark represents individual physicians, dentists, multi-specialty practice groups, and hospitals. He assists with joint venture and other projects along with providing advice on tax, asset protection, contract and regulatory issues.
Mark frequently speaks before hospital groups, medical residents, and business trade associations on topics related to his practice and experience. He holds a Certificate of Completion in the areas of probate and estate planning issued by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
- State Bar of Michigan, Health Care Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Probate and Estate Planning Section
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section
- American Bar Association, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Small Foundations
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit
- Marquis Who’s Who in America
- Winston Churchill Society of Michigan
- The Churchill Centre
- Knights of Columbus
- Ladywood High School Dad’s Club
- Drum Corps International, Board of Advisors
- Madison (WI) Scouts Alumni Association
- Our Lady of Good Counsel (Plymouth, MI ) – Finance Council
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States Tax Court
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- University of Detroit, B.S.
- summa cum laude
Insights & News
September 19, 2019
February 19, 2018
February 14, 2018
January 26, 2018
January 15, 2018
December 22, 2017
Kerr Russell's health care practice updates advertising message for physician association publications, including MSMS' Michigan Medicine and MOA's TRIAD
December 18, 2017
Kerr Russell team makes holiday donations to Capuchin Soup Kitchen, Wigs 4 Kids, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor, and Children's Hospital of Michigan
November 30, 2017
November 30, 2017
November 16, 2017
November 3, 2017
November 1, 2017
Kerr Russell ranked in the 2018 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" list nationally in 1 practice area and regionally in 17 practice areas
August 10, 2017