Robert J. Pineau has more than 27 years of experience as an intellectual property and business practitioner and litigator.
Robert’s intellectual property practice includes all aspects of copyright and trademark law and registrations as well as domestic and cross-border licensing and trade secret disputes. His multifaceted litigation practice includes intellectual property, business, franchise and real estate disputes. Robert served as lead counsel on a number of published and groundbreaking decisions. Robert represents clients at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts.
Robert regularly represents and counsels business clients on corporate formation and day-to-day issues and well as ongoing business and personal counseling.
Robert has published articles in professional and trade publications and has lectured on a variety of topics related to his areas of practice.
Robert has been awarded and maintains the Martindale-Hubbell AV rating, reflecting preeminence in legal ability and integrity.
- State Bar of Michigan, Intellectual Property Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Computer Law Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Detroit Bar Association
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Justinian Honorary Law Society of the Syracuse University College of Law
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- cum laude
- Oakland University, B.A.
Insights & News
February 26, 2018
January 26, 2018
January 15, 2018
November 30, 2017
November 16, 2017
November 3, 2017
Sun Valley Foods, Co., v. Ward, 460 Mich 230 (1999)
Township of Casco v. Secretary of State, 472 Mich 566 (2005)
Township of Casco v. Michigan Boundary Commission, 243 Mich App 392 (2004)