Kudos to Kerr Russell member Daniel Ferris who served as editor of the recently published Damages and Remedies in Michigan, a leading litigation treatise published by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Fellow editors included Barbara A. Patek, Mark Granzotto, and David H. Freedman.
You can order the publication here– from the website:
If your client is injured or wronged, do you know which causes of action offer the best potential recovery? And if your client is being sued, do you know the best ways to defend against damage claims? This is the resource Michigan lawyers use to draft complaints, conduct settlement negotiations, prepare for trial, and do everything in between.
With this book, you will:
- Quickly identify the relief available in your case
- Determine appropriate damages for causes of action, from breach of contract to personal injury
- Use tested strategies and techniques for proving or challenging damages
- Seek and recover exemplary damages when appropriate
- Effectively assess settlement demands
- Calculate interest and attorney fees
Daniel J. Ferris feels privileged to be called upon to assist companies and individuals across a range of industries and with a wide variety of issues. He handles matters involving class action, commercial disputes, corporate law, employment law, insurance, licensing, litigation, products liability, and professional liability defense. Dan represents automotive manufacturers and has served as a member of the Original Equipment Suppliers Association Young Leadership Council. He also assists companies involved in the construction industry. Additionally, Dan represents corporations and individuals involved in health care including dentists, hospitals, medical device manufacturers, and physicians. He serves as Co-Chair of the Professional Liability & Health Care Section of Michigan Defense Trial Counsel. He has particular experience in non-compete and sales representative contracts. Dan has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” (no more than 2.5% of lawyers practicing in the State of Michigan receive this distinction).
Dan is passionate about education. In addition to his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Michigan, he completed a trial advocacy program at the Northwestern University School of Law. Dan has served as an instructor at the University of Michigan and is an editor of Michigan Law of Damages and Other Remedies, a treatise published by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. He is a member of Kerr Russell’s Continuing Legal Education Committee and has served as a judge for moot court competitions at the University of Michigan and Wayne State University Law Schools. Dan has also served as a “Barrister” in the American Inns of Court, which is an organization that promotes legal education. He has presented on topics relating to commercial litigation, health care, and legal research.
Dan is also passionate about civic service. He was first appointed and then elected to serve as a member of the State Bar of Michigan Representative Assembly, which is the final policy-making body of the State Bar. As Chair of the Drafting Committee, Dan worked closely on a proposal that has been submitted to the Michigan Supreme Court and would represent the most significant reform of the Michigan Court Rules in more than 30 years. He is also a Fellow of the Oakland County Bar Foundation, which promotes increased access to and understanding of the legal system. Dan supports homeless youth as a member of the Covenant House Michigan Young Professionals Society. He additionally volunteers with Kerr Russell’s Giving Back program, has represented nonprofit corporations, and has represented clients on a pro bono basis. Dan previously held a leadership position in a community service organization and has traveled to multiple sites around the United States to perform volunteer work.
- Download our white paper “New laws for prescribing controlled substances in Michigan: Are you ready?,” including “Fast Facts” timeline of new prescribing laws by effective date.
- Download our white paper “Negotiating Uncertainty: Legal Options for Manufacturers Confronting Tariffs.”
- Daniel Ferris and Derek Boyd’s “Navigating Uncertainty: Legal Options for Manufacturers Confronting Tariffs” included in OESA News publication.
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly publishes “Negotiating Uncertainty: Legal Options for Manufacturers Confronting Tariffs” by attorneys Daniel Ferris, Derek Boyd.