Kerr Russell is proud of Detroit. We are proud to have had a seat at the table here since 1874. Our exceptional attorneys understand the unique challenges facing business leaders. Our legal solutions are prompt, accurate, economical, and focused around your needs in every area. We know Michigan business like the back of our hands.
With over 50 exceptional and experienced attorneys – many of whom also are CPAs and come from business themselves – we understand that driving outcomes and managing costs are two of your biggest concerns. They are ours as well.
“Our goal for nearly 150 years, has been to put the client first by providing top quality services at a fair price,” notes Kurt Vilders, a member of Kerr Russell’s Executive Committee. “This commitment by our attorneys has helped our clients grow and flourish.”
- In business and legal circles, we are respected for our high standards, quality work, and professional ethics and integrity.
- Whereas many lawyers merely interpret the law, our attorneys help to make it. We have been involved in some of the most significant legal developments in state business and health care law, and our trial lawyers have been involved in many notable commercial cases in Michigan and other jurisdictions.
- The firm is a one-stop, full service law firm for business. Practice areas include business and corporate law, employment, health care, litigation, immigration, intellectual property, construction, surety, and real estate.
- We are at the table for expansion and growth opportunities between U.S.-based companies and those from Canada, China, Europe, Mexico, and other countries.
- We represent clients involved in developing advanced technology, including autonomous/self-driving and electrical vehicle technology. Our attorneys are significantly involved in the massive antitrust litigation currently facing auto parts suppliers.
- We are active in emerging areas such as data security and internet defamation and online reputation issues.
- We have provided legal counsel to the health care industry for more than 60 years, including administrative proceedings, licensure and litigation services, antitrust counseling, certificate of need, and compliance.
- We are well-versed in the formation and representation of alternative risk transfer entities, including captive insurance companies, risk retention groups and other alternative insurance structures.
- What distinguishes Kerr Russell most, however, is our uncompromising adherence to delivering superb client service. We keep our clients informed every step of the way, and we are always available.
“We have developed a global footprint over the past decade. We are a firm committed to assisting our U.S. and foreign clients expand into other countries,” observes Jim Cambridge, a member of Kerr Russell’s Executive Committee who helps lead our international law practice. “We have the resources and capabilities to go where clients go.”
AttorneysRobert S. Anderson Cody Attisha Jason W. Bank Daniel G. Beyer William C. Blasses Kevin T. Block Derek R. Boyd Jeffrey A. Brantley Richard C. Buslepp James R. Cambridge Michael D. Carroll George J. Christopoulos Katherine F. Cser Mark M. Cunningham Edward C. Cutlip, Jr. James E. DeLine David J. Den Dooven Curtis J. DeRoo Chaoyi Ding Catherine Edwards Andrew F. Eurich Daniel J. Ferris Robert E. Forrest John D. Gatti Michael D. Gibson F. Broc Gullett Patrick J. Haddad Jeffrey T. Herrick Fred K. Herrmann Monte D. Jahnke Jacquelyn A. Klima Mark C. Knoth Eric I. Lark Kenneth R. Lombardo Brandy L. Mathie Jeffrey A. May Kate M. McCarroll Stephen D. McGraw Robert R. Nix, II Miroslava Orduño Rincón Robert J. Pineau Matthew L. Powell Ashley E. Racette Stephen T. Reaume William A. Sankbeil Patricia C. Schabath Daniel J. Schulte Michael A. Sneyd Mark J. Stasa Joanne Geha Swanson Anna Valk Richard D. Weber Kathleen A. Westfall
Practice AreasAntitrust and Trade Regulation Automotive Bankruptcy and Restructuring Business and Corporate Law Construction Environmental Law Estate and Trust Planning and Administration Health Care Law Immigration Law Insurance Law Intellectual Property and Litigation Labor, Employment, Employee Benefits and ERISA Litigation and Dispute Resolution Private Equity Real Estate Securities Law Surety Taxation Trade and Professional Associations US-Asia Business