Five experienced attorneys have joined Kerr Russell’s Detroit office.
- James E. Tamm defends municipalities, including matters related to government liability, land use and zoning. He often speaks and writes on municipal law matters, which include coauthoring the Michigan Municipal Law chapter on Liability of Local Government and Local Officials. Jim has also served as defense counsel for numerous physicians and health care facilities for over 30 years and has conducted more than 60 trials across the State of Michigan and in federal court.
- Lauri B. Stewart represents governmental agencies and their employees on matters relating to government tort liability, civil rights litigation, land use and zoning disputes and related constitutional claims. Lauri also has considerable experience defending a variety of employment actions including discrimination and retaliation, sexual harassment, Whistleblower Protection Act, and First Amendment Retaliation claims. She has been a speaker at municipal conferences regarding such topics. Lauri has also served as defense counsel for health care facilities and physicians in medical malpractice actions for more than 20 years.
- Richard V. Stokan defends municipalities on matters relating to governmental liability, Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act claims, civil rights violations, local ordinance issues and reviews, municipal charter reviews, municipal contracts, real estate transactions, land use and zoning laws and related constitutional claims. Richard also has considerable experience defending attorneys against legal malpractice claims and representing insurance carriers in first- and third-party automobile claims, in addition to representing physicians and health care facilities in medical malpractice actions.
- Paul M. Indyk assists with the medical malpractice and municipal practices and represents clients in first- and third-party automobile claims, premises liability and general negligence claims.
- Kevin A. McQuillan, a former law clerk to Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Robert J. Colombo Jr., practices in the areas of medical malpractice defense and municipal law.
“We are pleased to welcome Jim, Lauri and their colleagues to Kerr Russell,” said Jim Cambridge, a member of Kerr Russell’s Executive Committee. “These exceptional attorneys will strengthen our medical malpractice defense and municipal practice areas and help continue our tradition of dedicated service to our clients.”
About Kerr Russell
Kerr Russell is a full-service law firm representing clients across more than 20 practice areas. What most distinguishes Kerr Russell, is our uncompromising adherence to delivering superb client service. Headquartered in Detroit for more than 145 years, we keep our clients informed every step of the way, and we are always available. No matter the day or hour, our clients can always reach us – wherever in the world they are.
Other posts to consider: