Experience that Delivers ResultsOur services are geared toward producing practical, business-oriented solutions for clients. We help clients in Michigan, across the country, and throughout the world.Contact Us
Related Legal Services
Tax issues underlie virtually every important business decision. From corporate entity formation, to procurement, to corporate transactions, federal, state, and local tax issues implicate business strategy at every level of an organization. At Kerr Russell, we provide well-grounded and creative tax solutions that meet the challenges our clients face in all aspects of their businesses.
Kerr Russell has deep and varied experience in the laws of taxation at the federal, state and local levels. Many of our attorneys are Certified Public Accountants, and/or hold Master of Law degrees in taxation (LL.M.). Our reputation for providing smart, practical tax solutions stems from the advanced education and knowledge of our tax professionals, and our ability to anticipate, evaluate and identify potential tax liabilities, as well as opportunities, that affect our clients’ bottom-line.
We assist a diverse range of clients, from service providers to capital-oriented businesses. The hallmark of our taxation practice is efficient planning that aligns with our clients’ business and personal goals, while maintaining compliance with all applicable rules and regulations. Our attorneys help minimize corporate taxes and penalties through negotiation or litigation where necessary; reduce estate taxes through thoughtful plan design; and handle all aspects of business and personal tax issues.
Our services include:
- Planning and structuring mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and liquidations
- Tax dispute negotiation and litigation (both civil and criminal) with the IRS and state and local governmental units
- Planning and structuring of joint ventures and development projects
- Corporate, partnership, limited liability company and personal tax planning
- Executive compensation and employee incentive planning
- Personal estate planning
- Exempt status qualification and maintenance
- Tax abatements
- Tax-exempt industrial revenue bond financing
- Structured settlement analysis
- Reporting, returns and compliance
- International tax issues